SAFE ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM
As Christian adults, we have a moral and legal responsibility and are entrusted by God with the spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of minors and vulnerable adults. As they participate in activities within or sponsored by our Diocese, it is our responsibility and commitment to provide an environment, which is safe and nurturing.
The Catholic Diocese of Dallas has a program to reduce the risk of abuse in order to:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for minors and vulnerable adults in the faith communities within our Diocese.
- Assist the Diocese in evaluating a person’s suitability to work with minors or vulnerable adults.
- Satisfy the concerns of parents and staff members.
- Provide a system to respond to victims and their families, as well as the accused.
- Protect against the possibility of false accusations against clergy, employees and volunteers.
- Reduce the risk exposure of the parishes and the Catholic Diocese of Dallas
If you are a volunteer at St. Elizabeth, you should contact the office and complete necessary paperwork required.
Shirley Forney, Safe Environment Director